This is a candy counter for halloween made with an Arduino nano with enhanced features like sound and light effects every time a candy is detected. This is powered by a 2600mAh power bank and thanks to low power configuration halloween candy counter can run all halloween night.
The number of collected candies are showed in a 16×2 lcd screen.
All electronic staff can be inside your favourite halloween candy bag, in my case a plastic halloween pumpkin used by my son.
List of materials:
- Arduino nano: https://store.arduino.cc/arduino-nano
- Arduino nano screw shield: https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/Nano-Termi…
- Infrared line track sensor with digital output: https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/1PCS-TCRT5…
- Two adafruit 12 x neopixel rings: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1643
- Buzzer: https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/Passive-Bu…
- LCD display 16×2 serial: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9395
- 2600mAh power bank
- Some wire jumpers
Last version of Arduino sketch is avaliable in my github account: https://github.com/jecrespo/Halloween-2017
Arduino Create Link: https://create.arduino.cc/editor/jecrespo/75558250…
The libraries you need to install are:
And finally test it works!!!